Grants Faculty Canvas Sharing - Steve Stockdale
NMSU Grants Faculty Sharing
This is an open non-academic 'course' setup for use by the NMSU Grants faculty and staff for general purposes related to instructional technology.
If you aren't already enrolled as a Student, or if you would like to be enrolled as a TA so that you can initiate Discussion topics, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steve Stockdale: x647 or email@example.com
- To reiterate: This is NOT an actual academic course. This is NOT a course in 'How to Do Canvas." This is NOT a course with a start date, end date, assignments, and grades.
- It is referred to as a 'course' (note the cautionary quote marks) only in the sense that it is set up within Canvas and Canvas, by definition, consists of 'courses.'
- This is an open 'course' to be used for learning, sharing, and exchanging lessons learned, best practices, common problems, etc., as related to online learning.
- Please comply with FERPA and good common sense regarding guarding personal information.
- The general theme of this 'course' is mutual helping and sharing. Never assume that you're the first and last person who will encounter a particular question, uncertainty, or problem. When you resolve an issue, please consider documenting it as appropriate for others.
- Try to put your ego aside. Your "stupid mistake" might save someone else two hours of hair-pulling. That's good karma all around, if you're willing to share.
- Like most courses, this 'course' will adapt to circumstances. Suggested fixes, changes, and recommendations are encouraged; whining and complaints, not so much.
- The 'course' is organized, for the time being, into Modules. The objective is to provide a convenient self-help facility. If the objective isn't being met, we'll change to make improvements.
|Module Title||Description, Purpose|
|This is probably the place to start and where most of the discussion, sharing, and helping will occur.|
|This draft document attempts to provide instructors with a consolidated summary of considerations and requirements for designing their courses.|
|I'll begin with a starter set of links to external references and resources, but as you find good tutorials, videos, presentations, or explanations, feel free to add them.|
|This module provides tips, recommendations and lessons learned that pertain to planning your Canvas course. Also see the Online Course Design Guide module.|
|This is a non-academic Canvas course that consolidates information, videos, and links for students on how to navigate and use Canvas.|